"Cocktail Table Styling 101 . . . "


Greetings,
With summer in full swing - I feel like the warmer weather gives us a chance to re-fresh our homes as well.  Today, I'd like to focus on that workhorse of the home - the cocktail table.  Here are my top 5 tips for creating a cocktail table that is both chic and functional.
 
 
1. The Books 
They're not called "coffee table books" for nothing. I love keeping a few art and photography books stacked on my table. I'll often re-arrange them and use that little spot as a revolving exhibit of my newest (or favorite) books.
 
 
2. The Box - 
I like to keep a lidded box or container on my coffee table. It's the perfect place to stash the TV remotes, extra coasters, matches, or anything else that might clutter your table. If your style is a little more modern, something in a bright lacquer could be lovely. Personally, I keep a large antique tea caddy on mine.
 
 
3. The Blossoms -
So often a coffee table is the centerpiece of our room, so it's a perfect place to keep a small arrangement of flowers. It never ceases to amaze me what a simple collection of fresh roses will do for my house. 


4. The Balance - 
I like partnering different details to create something personal, such as using a collection of hard, bright surfaces mixed with matte, organic finishes. Always keep the function of the space in mind. 


5. The Treasure - 
Keep in mind that design is all about creating moments of surprise and delight. If you're using a stack of large art books, think of them as a little "stage" where you can play with scale and place a small figurine or even a beautiful shell on top.
 
 

Comments

Popular Posts